Resale Vs. Retail
A Green Philosophy
L’Armoire is a green, women-owned and operated small business on dynamic Solano Avenue. We are a unique consignment store that’s a fun and exciting place to shop. Instead of seeing the therapist, come and get a dose of “resale therapy”. L’Armoire has very carefully selected gently-worn women’s apparel and accessories at reasonable prices. Quality, taste, and customer service are our trademarks!
- L’Armoire promotes the green “mantra” – reduce, reuse, and recycle!
- L’Armoire encourages and supports local artisans by stocking their unique creations.
- L’Armoire provides a showcase setting for consignor items.
- L’Armoire serves our customers by providing “image enhancement”.
- L’Armoire is a fun and fabulous place for women to gather!
L’Armoire is not only in the business of clothing and accessory sales; we also enhance your shopping experience and provide a community service….recycling!!
L’Armoire is the place to browse, enjoy the ambience, and purchase an eclectic mix of quality clothing. In addition to clothing, we provide an array of accessories as listed below:
- a variety of shoes, some stylish, chic, yet comfortable, others are considered foot candy
- we have an array of handbags, both fabulous and practical
- beautiful scarves and shawls
- hats and gloves, from simple to smashing
- an extensive and eclectic collection of fine and/or costume jewelry
- unique and tasteful gifts, objets d’artes, and decorative items
- some vintage and retro to the latest, for everyday to evening, to work, play or fitness, and an occasional costume and special occasions
- special “image enhancement services” that open the heart, mind, and soul (who am I?) as well an eye to your individual beauty and unique personality; we can show you the uses and values of color, texture, and lines to enhance your hair, eyes, skin, and body type
- positive honest feedback and sales assistance.
The staff at L’Armoire values our East Bay community of smart, sophisticated women. Allow us to enhance your personal shopping experience in a beautiful environment while listening to our music mix, perhaps some conversation, and getting to know our friendly and knowledgeable staff. See you soon !!
Noreen opened L'Armoire Consignments 11 years ago, after a secretly-desired corporate layoff. After four years of working a variety of temp jobs, she decided to open her own consignment shop. Noreen enrolled in a 4-month business course prior to opening L'Armoire.
Creatively driven since her childhood in the 60's, her medium was fabric, fabric, fabric (Noreen's mother was a great inspiration to her as she made all of her clothes growing up.) The late 1960s were filled with Noreen's creative endeavors: doeskin hot pants and boots with a matching fringe leather purse, custom velvet trousers, palazzo pants. You name it, Noreen made or "thrifted" many treasures to exemplify the look and fashion of the time - turn on, tune in and drop out!!
Andrea Kean, our factotum, found her way to L’Armoire over 9 years ago after 15 successful years teaching science to middle schoolers in Oakland. She enjoys working for an ecologically sound business surrounded by beautiful fashion and loves helping other women feel great about themselves and their appearance. She is a great contribution to the success of L’Armoire.