What You Need To Know
- WALK-IN CONSIGNMENT OF 20 ITEMS (MAXIMUM) ACCEPTED 6 DAYS A WEEK -- Monday thru Saturday 11-4; Sundays 12-3. APPOINTMENTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR CONSIGNMENT AS WELL.
- We accept one appointment or one walk-in a week per consignor (we are flexible if slow during season).
- Drop-off consignment "returns" must be picked up by 5:45 PM on the day of consignment or items will be donated.
- To request pick up of your unsold items, please call at least 2 days prior to expiration. Items are held for 7 days and then donated. If you call on the expiration date or thereafter, we kindly request that you pull your items. Expired items may already be donated and are considered abandoned.
- Sizes range from 0 to 1X.
- Although we value your input, we reserve the right to price all items and to change the prices if flaws, stains or repairs are found during the consignment period.
Prepping Your Clothing for Consignment
We greatly appreciate your patronage. Our consigners are the heart of our business!
We’d like you to MAXIMIZE your clothing sales and want you to be successful in your consignments! The better your items look, the more likely we will accept them, the faster they’ll sell, and the more money you’ll make!!! Listed below are tips for your consideration:
- Suits dry cleaned
- Pants – pressed
- Knits – pill-free & with original shape
- Linens – hard pressed
- Belts – free of excessive wear
- Jewelry – polished, earrings w/backings
- Shoes & handbags – clean insides and out; polished
- Hats/caps – clean inside & out
All garments MUST be “ready to wear”. Before consigning please make sure items are not hairy (pet hairs), stained, pilly and /or odorous. No pulled seams, snags or obvious mending please! We recommend checking your items in the sunlight to be sure they’re sellable for the best price.
For clothing preparation, we recommend stain removal FELS NAPTHA bar laundry soap ($2.00) and purchasing a sweater comb at the thelaundress.com. Since dry cleaning is expensive, consider using Dryell or Woolite do-it-yourself dry cleaning.
Consignment Contract - A Legal Document
The consignment contract term is 8 weeks. The consignor is paid 40% of the sale price of the item or 50% if the item is new (must have price on retail tag). Prices are reduced 20% off after 30 days and an additional 10% off one week prior to expiration. A small processing fee, paid by the purchaser, is added to the price of each item. If flaws, stains and/or imperfections are found after consigning, L’Armoire reserves the right to mark down such items at any time. To request pick up of your unsold items, please call at least 2 days prior to expiration. Return items are held for 7 days and then donated. If you call on the expiration date or thereafter, we kindly request that you pull your items. Expired items may already be donated and are considered abandoned. L'Armoire is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items for any reason. Consigned items are left at the owner's risk. Money in your account must be collected or used within 6 months of the consignment period or be forfeited.